Fairfield community health center is a health center program grantee under 42 U. S. C. 254B, and a deemed public health service employer under 42 U.S.C. 233 parentheses (g)-(n).
Fairfield Community Health Center began operating as a community health center in 2009. FCHC provides comprehensive primary health care services for the insured, uninsured and/or underinsured residents of Fairfield County, Ohio.
We are a Federal Qualified Health Center that will accept uninsured individuals as well as Medicaid, Medicare and Insurance. If you do not have health insurance we will provide you with a sliding fee with proof of income. We also have individuals that can assist you with enrolling in health insurance or Medicaid if you qualify. We look forward to serving you with your healthcare needs.
Services are provided to people of all ages, and no one is denied access to care due to race, ethnicity, and/or ability to pay. FCHC provides behavioral and primary care, GYN and pediatric services to patients. Additionally, FCHC patients have access to Dental, Behavioral Health, Pharmacy services and have support provided with case management, patient education and outreach activities.
Operating under Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act, FCHC serves a Medically Underserved Population (MUP). FCHC is governed by Board of Directors composed of at least 51% of users of the services of FCHC.
Fairfield Community Health Center's (FCHC) goal is high quality, better care for our patients. We have been recognized as a level 3 (the highest rating) Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by the National Committee on Quality Assurance for all of our family practice offices. PCMH means that we offer a team approach with the patient being the most important member of the team. FCHC offers improved access to care with extended hours, as well as same and next day appointments. We work with specialists and hospitals to coordinate care to be sure that the entire healthcare team is working together to assure the best possible health for our patients.
Our electronic medical record is a secure system that gives reminders to our providers of needed care and communicates your concerns to our providers. Our provider teams involve our patients in strategies for ongoing quality improvement to create a better care experience for the entire family.
A medical home takes both patient and provider working together for better health. Your part includes sharing full information about:
• Your conditions and how well you are doing
• Your medications and how you are taking them
• Supplements, vitamins, other items you take for health
• Visits to other providers like specialists and emergency rooms
• Others you see for your health, like home nurses, chiropractors, therapists, herbalists, spiritual leaders etc.
• Important family or friends who help you with managing your health
• Your habits that affect health or your risk of illness (smoking, alcohol, substances)
• How you are doing with goals set to help your health As FCHC works to ensure your health information is organized, reviewed, and checked against evidence-based guidelines, you contribute to keeping the information current and correct. Together, we form a team to advance your health.
FCHC welcomes all persons of all ages who do not have a medical home. See the contact information listed above for our four locations. Our Main Street Clinic offers extended hours to our patients. The hours are:
Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Closed for lunch Monday – Friday Noon - 1:00 PM